Friday, March 30, 2018

Jaffareadstoo.blogspot - Interview













Hi Victoria, thank you for spending time with us today. Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started as an author?


First and foremost, I want to thank you for inviting me to chat with you and your wonderful readers about my works. Truly, this is an honor.


My writing journey began many decades ago. I grew up in a home of avid readers. My parents had an extensive library, from Greek mythology to the classics to modern works. I used to stare at the gorgeous leather bound books wondering when I’d be allowed to peruse the edge-gilded pages. Mom must have been watching, because the moment I learned to read, she placed in my anxious hands my own copy of The Mystery of the Black Jungle. The first volume of the Tigers of Malaysia Series, written by Emilio Salgari, Italy’s beloved writer of adventure fiction. There I was at the age of six, exploring the jungles of the Sundarbans in British India, my exhilarated imagination working at top speed. Subsequently, I wrote fantasies and fairytales to use during playtime with my sister and cousins. 

Growing up I kept a diary and a book under my arm at all times. When I was stationed in London with an international carrier, I returned to writing short stories, my favorite pastime. Some I sent to my mother included in weekly letters, others I’ve kept, and the rest I have lost during multiple moves.

Read more: 

Jaffareadstoo.blogspot - Interview with Victoria Saccenti Author




No comments:

Post a Comment